This policy outlines how Amkeu Ltd handles your personal information. This includes when and why it is collected, used and disclosed, and how it is protected.
If you have any questions you will find our contact details at the end of this policy. Details on how to update or access your personal information, or how to make a complaint, are also included.
This policy may be liable to change. Please check this page from time to time to ensure that you are informed of any changes. The policy was last updated on the 27 Sept 2019.
How and what type of data do we collect?
Personal information you give to us: This is information about you that you have provided by entering information via our websites, our social media pages or when corresponding with us via phone, email or otherwise. The information is provided voluntarily. The information that you give us and why we process that information includes the following:
- Subscription information – Information about you which relates to your account with us. This information may include your name, your email address and your mobile number. We will process this data to maintain your subscription with us, to provide our services to you, to communicate with you and to back up our database. The reason we process this data is to ensure the proper administration of your subscription and our business and, where you have entered into a contract with us, for the purposes of fulfilling our contract with you.
- Registration Information – Information you provide when you participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our website. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address, phone number. You would be able to register via social media account (Facebook, Google). We will process this data so we can deal with your registration, or other communications or applications, or to address your query or concern. The reason we process this data is to ensure the proper administration of your registration and our business.
- Payment Information – Information you provide when you order products from our e-commerce site. This information may include your name and contact information, payment details, billing and delivery addresses, information on the order. We will process that information so we can correspond with you. The reason why we collect this data is to ensure the payment has been processed correctly and we have all the correct details to deliver the product.
- Communication Data – If you communicate with us, we may process the information contained in your communication. This information may include your name and contact information, the content of your communication and any metadata our website generates where you communicate with us using the contact form available on our website. We will process that information so we can correspond with you and keep records of such correspondence. The reason we are processing this data is to ensure the proper administration of our business (our legitimate interest).
Personal information we collect about you
We may automatically collect the following personal information: our web servers collect and store as standard details of your browser and operating system, the website from which you visit our website, the pages that you browse on our website, and the date of your visit. For security reasons (to identify attacks on our website) the Internet protocol (IP) address that is assigned to you by your internet service is also collected. Some of this information is collected using cookies – please see Cookies in Section 9.2 for further information. We may also collect other personal information that you allow to be shared as part of your public profile on a third party social network.
Personal information we may receive from other sources
We may obtain certain personal information about you from sources outside of our business. These may include other third-party companies; the personal information that is received is listed in the paragraphs above.
Data storage and protection
Any personal information that you provide is stored within a secure and encrypted database server.
Your rights to keep, update and delete information
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you. To make a request, please email or write to us at email@example.com. You do not have to pay us a fee to access your personal information unless we believe your access request is unfounded, repetitive or excessive. In this case, we may charge you a reasonable fee to access your personal information or we may decide not to comply with your request. We will notify you if this is the case.
The accuracy of your information is important to us and we are continually developing ways in which to make it easier for you to review and amend the personal information that we retain. In the meantime, if you change your name or address/email address, or you find that any of the information that we hold about you is incorrect or out of date, please let us know by contacting us via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may withdraw your consent as the legal basis for processing your personal information at any time. To do this, please contact us via the details provided at the end of this policy. You can use our unsubscribe tool to withdraw your consent to receiving any direct marketing that you previously opted-in for. If you withdraw your consent, our use of your personal data prior to your withdrawal remains lawful.
You may object to us using your personal data. We will temporarily stop processing your personal information in line with your objection request until we have investigated the matter further, except for the purposes for which we are sure we can continue to process your personal information. If we agree that your objection is justified, in accordance with your rights under the data protection laws, we will permanently cease using your information for those purposes. If we do not agree, we will provide you with our justification as to why we are under obligation to continue using your data.
We will automatically comply with your request if you object to us using your personal data for direct marketing purposes. Please use our unsubscribe tool if you would like to do so.
You have the right to ask for your personal information to be removed from our systems. You can do this by emailing or writing to us at email@example.com.
You may ask us to stop or limit the processing of your personal data in the following situations:
- Where you believe we are unlawfully using your personal data,
- You have objected to our use of your personal data and have a pending investigation, or you require us to retain your data in connection with legal proceedings.
After activation, the server of the respective social network establishes a direct link. The contents of the social plugins button are then transmitted from the social network directly to your browser and are then incorporated in our website. Following activation, the social network can retrieve data independently of whether you interact with the button or not. A social network cannot assign a visit to any websites that are operated by our other group companies unless, and until, you activate the respective button.
If you are a member of a social network and you do not wish it to combine the data that has been retrieved from your visit to our websites with your personal membership data of that social network, you must log out from the social network before activating the buttons. We have no influence over the range of data that is collected by social networks via their buttons. The information on the purpose and extent of the collected data can be found in the data use policies of the relevant social networks.
Marketing and research
In order to send you marketing information directly from us via email, we will collect your marketing preferences. We will only send you marketing information and communications if you have consented to receive such information directly from us.
With your consent, we may contact you with targeted advertising delivered online through social media and platforms that are operated by other companies, by using your personal data. Unless you object, we may use your personal information to customise and improve the relevance of direct marketing to you.
Occasionally, we may request that you refresh your marketing preferences by asking you to confirm that you consent to continue receiving marketing information from us.
Sometimes we may contact you for market research purposes, for example about a survey. You can opt-out from being contacted in this way by unsubscribing from our email marketing list.
When you visit our website, we may send you one or more cookies – a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters – to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser and help Amkeu Ltd enhance your navigation through the website and enable you to get the best out of your visit.
The cookies we use on our website store information about the time of visits, pages viewed, time spent at our website, and the websites you visited just before and just after our website.
What cookies do we use (as categorised by the International Chamber of Commerce (UK)):
- Analytical cookies –These cookies allow us, in conjunction with our web server’s log files, to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website. They provide aggregated information about the number of visits to our website and which parts of our website are most popular. This helps us gather feedback to improve the way our website works and better serve our users and members. For example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. We use Google Analytics to carry out the analytical functions on our website.
- Functionality cookies – These are cookies used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region). These cookies will remain on your device’s browser until you choose to clear them. If you disable these cookies, you will need to re-enter your user details each time you visit our website. We will also no longer be able to personalise the content on our website to your preferences, so you may receive information which is not relevant to your locality, or receive pricing information in a currency which is not your own.
How you can control the cookies on your browser
- Deleting/rejecting cookies – You are able to adjust your device’s browser settings to accept or reject all specific cookies. You can also change your settings so that you are notified every time a cookie is presented to your device. You can change the settings on your device so that all cookies on your device are deleted and no further cookies are permitted on your device. If you do this, your ability to use our website may be affected and you may not find our website as easy to navigate as it was with the cookies in place.
- Disabling cookies – If you disable cookies on your browser settings, you will restrict the cookies that we use to manage our website and this will have an impact on how our website operates.
- Restricting/blocking cookies – If you want to restrict or block the cookies that are placed on your web browser, you can do this through your web browser settings, by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies.